The Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden – Rossendorf e.V. (HZDR) is member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. With around 1,200 employees, HZDR is dealing with application-oriented basic research, focused on three major research fields: matter, energy, and health. The center consists of eight institutes, of which the Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology (HIF), is participating in eLi. The institute dedicated its multi-disciplinary research to develop innovative technologies and systems for the energy- and resource-efficient exploration, beneficiation and recycling of mineral and metalliferous raw materials. The advance of novel platforms and tools needed for resource characterization, geospatial modelling, process and system simulation are an integral part of its research.
- Geometallurgical measurement and modelling of resources
- Process simulation of metallurgical processing and recycling flowsheets
- Environmental footprinting of integrated energy and resource systems
- Design for Recycling of products
Role in eLi
- Coordination of the “Circular Economy and Predictive Modelling” platform
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Markus A. Reuter