The University of Bordeaux is the third largest university in France and welcomes 56,000 students and almost 6,000 staff members. In recent years, it has reinforced its international outlook with numerous overseas partnerships, and nearly 60 international study programs at Bachelor, Master and Doctorate levels including 18 EU-labelled programs. Among the core competences of the multidisciplinary university are materials chemistry and materials science, covered by 12 laboratories. The University of Bordeaux contributes to eLi with expertise in battery materials, lithium-ion battery recycling and life cycle assessment.
2 Research Groups from 2 Laboratories involved:
- ISM Life Cycle Group: LCA, circular economy, materials resources management
- ICMCB Supercritical Fluids Group: recycling of Li-ion batteries (and many other materials)
- Li-ion batteries; electrode materials and electrolytes for micro batteries
- Links to French and European Battery networks: RS2E, ALI-STORE, Batteries 2030+
Role in eLi
- Coordination of the platform “Materials and Components”
- Participation in Platforms "Circular Economy and Predictive Modelling" and "Processing and Recycling"